Personal InformationThe types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name;
- images of you;
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number;
- your marital status and/or anniversary;
- your age and/or date of birth;
- your demographic information, such as postcode or zip code;
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- global positioning system information retrieved from your computer, smartphone, tablet or other intelligent device (Device) or through any third party service provider;
- information regarding phone calls you make and receive on your Device(s);
- information regarding emails you send and receive on your Device(s);
- information regarding purchases you make on your Device(s);
- information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- audio information (collected either as audio features or raw audio);
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- any information that you provide to us for us to store on the Platform;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Platform, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Platform, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Platform, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties (such as If This Then That (IFTTT) or similar service providers).
Collection and use of personal informationWe may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Platform, associated applications and associated social media platforms, including using our searchable archive of your content to retrieve data on life events and create visualisations regarding your activities;
- to enable you to participate in research projects via the Platform;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Platform, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you; and
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have.
Disclosure of personal information to third partiesWe may disclose personal information to:
- the following third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services: data storage and web hosting providers, legal advisors advisors and payment systems operators;
- researchers, including academic, market or business researchers for the purposes of their research project which you have consented to participating in; and
- our employees;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who reside outside Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that those third parties comply with Australian privacy laws.
How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Sensitive information is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
Provided you consent, your sensitive information may only be used and disclosed for purposes relating to the primary purpose for which the sensitive information was collected.
Sensitive information may also be used or disclosed if required or authorised by law.
Mechanisms for protecting your privacy
Starting and stopping collection:
There are places and situations where you might not want to collect data. We have made it easy for you to turn data collection on and off. Tapping the large button on the PLAY tab of the mobile application will stop data collection. Tapping it again will start data collection again. When the pause symbol is displayed no data is being collected.
Controlling what is collected:
Different data streams involve different privacy risks and different people feel comfortable retaining different kinds of data. We allow you to turn each data stream (accelerometry, GPS, images and audio) on or off. Under the SETTINGS tab you there are a set of switches that allow you to customize what is collected.
Reviewing before uploading:
Sometimes it is only apparent after the fact that it probably isn’t a good idea to keep some data. The mobile application allows you to set a review period (see Days to Review under the SETTINGS tab). Data will not be uploaded until this review period has elapsed, giving you a chance to delete it before it ever leaves your Device. Under the REVIEW tab, you will see a list of days for which you have data stored on the phone. Tapping on one of these shows a list of each hour for which data has been collected along with a Delete button. Tapping the button marks that data for deletion. The data will not be uploaded when marked for deletion. However, you have the option to restore the data before the review period is finished if you choose. If you do not restore the data before the review period elapses it will be permanently deleted. Data is only uploaded when your Device is charged to greater than 90% and has a WiFi connection.
Deletion through the website:
After data has been uploaded, you may delete it by logging in to our website, retrieving the events and then clicking on the cross symbol. The event will be moved to a trash folder and can then be permanently deleted by clicking on the “Empty Trash” link.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. In certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we may refuse to provide you with personal information that we hold about you.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Cookies and web beacons
We may use web beacons on our Platform from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
We may use Google Analytics to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time.
Links to other websites
For any questions and notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Unforgettable Research Services Pty Ltd ACN 622 787 946
or via email on our contact page
Last update: 26 February 2018